Monday, August 8, 2016

Scored backgrounds...

Recently I was inspired by a gorgeous card by Laurie Willison, which you can see HERE, where she stamped and ink blended her background and then added some amazing dimension with score lines. I wanted to give this neat technique a try!
Inspired by the ink blending on Laurie's card, I used The Sweet Life stamp set to create the flowers and leaves, then brushed some Sweet Blush ink over the top of the flowers with an ink blending tool.

Stop by Scrapbook Expo's blog to read more about this process and see more how-to photos! Thank you to Laurie for letting me use her beautiful card for inspiration!

6 comments:

Elizabeth McGregor said...

What a great idea! I actually just tried this with the cone from Sweet As Can Be. I only have the die and wanted to add texture. Thanks for sharing the technique!

Ann said...

I agree with you, pure inspiration. And yours too Danielle. Have a lovely week.

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely card!! I love the ink blending in addition to the ink blending over the flowers. Looks amazing!!

SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful !

Lisaerica said...

This is so gorgeous Danielle! I loved this when I saw it on Scrapbook Expo. I love the sweet Blash over the flowers it's so pretty and dainty. Laurie's technique is awesome, it's amazing how it transforms a piece of paper. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful card Danielle, the soft blending around the posies really gives off a "glow"!