Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Watercoloring stamped images...

Happy hump day! Spring break is over for us, thank goodness. Ha. I love my kids, but honestly being with them for 10 days was exhausting. lol This week is flying by! Catching up on cleaning the house (I like when it stays clean for more than an hour!), laundry and some assignments. Yesterday I had a post due for Scrapbook Expo's Weekly Scrapper blog, and I felt like painting with watercolors. I started with some flowers and branches...

Then I wanted to add a pretty bird, so I used the Spring Woods stamp set, stamped it with Aqua Mist and Tropical Teal (it is a 2-step stamp), then added a tiny bit of water over the top to blend it to make it look painted.

Would you have guessed that the bird was a stamp? So easy, right!

Swing by to see the full tutorial and finished card at the Weekly Scrapper blog! I'll be back with more projects either today or tomorrow! :)
Danielle

10 comments:

June K said...

Totally gorgeous, Danielle.

Janet B. from WV said...

This is gorgeous, Danielle! I'm going to have to give it a try.

Natalie Winterstein said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Diana K said...

So beautiful and awesome, Danielle! Love your soft touch.

Vicki Finger said...

This is so super pretty, Danielle!

Ann said...

So sweet, I just picked up a lovely watercolor set because I want to so some things like this. Thank you for sharing. Hope your doing well. Sending a hug.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love your hand painting for the background and your bird looks terrific too!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, I don't think I could anything like this free hand though - LOL

Joyously Noelle said...

Your bird is so pretty!