Friday, July 12, 2013

Scrolling Script...

Papertrey Ink is counting down to its new stamp set releases for July, and today I get to feature a new stamp set called Scrolling Script and the matching Mat Stack 7 Collection dies, which will be released on July 15th.

On my first card, I began by stamping a background with the hexagon stamp from the set.

To create the focal point, I cut 2 of the hexagons with the Scrolling Script dies, then stamped the hexagon over the top to create the framed look on the hexagons. The little flowers were made with another new set called Polkadot Parade #6 stamps and dies.


Here you can see the smallest die of the set of 3. I cut one from Harvest Gold cardstock and trimmed it in half, and then made a matching one with the Aqua Mist patterned paper. 
A note about the hexagon stamped background: when I was practicing on scratch paper and had hexagons stamped all the way down an 8.5 x 11" paper, I got to thinking it would be SUPER cute to use the hexagon die to cut out photos to fit inside some of the hexagons for a scrapbook layout! If you give it a try, send me a link. I'd love to see how it turns out!

You're Sweet card:
STAMPS: Scrolling Script, Polkadot Parade #6
INK: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold

PAPER: White, Harvest Gold cardstock, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack

DIES: Scrolling Script, Polkadot Parade #6
OTHER: gems, twine.

-------

On the Mr. & Mrs. card, I used the new Mat Stack 7 dies to cut the hexagon shapes. The flower is a new set called Delightful Dahlias Additions, and it makes a great addition to a simple wedding card.

I used some patterned paper from my stash (by American Crafts) to cut the outer shape with the largest hexagon in the die set. Then used the 2 inner hexagons to cut the center frame - see photo below for a how-to.


The frame is open in the center. I created this by die cutting the largest hexagon first and then cutting out the center with the smallest hexagon. The sentiment is stamped on the white card base in the center.
To create the skinny frame in the center, I used the 2 smaller hexagons and put them together like this, taped them down, so they didn't move around and then cut it with my Cuttlebug machine.
This created the skinny frame in the middle!

For the Mr. & Mrs. card:
STAMPS: Scrolling Script, Delightful Dahlias Additions
INK: Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, True Black, New Leaf, Vintage Cream

PAPER: White, Smokey Shadow cardstock, stripe paper by American Crafts

DIES: Scrolling Script, Delightful Dahlias Additions
OTHER: none.

-------

Last, I embossed one of the Scrolling Script sayings onto Fine Linen cardstock and cut out with the smaller hexagon. I made another skinny frame like above, this time with Harvest Gold cardstock.
I kept this one simple, because the sentiment has a lot going on with the swirls, and I wanted to keep the focus on the pretty sentiment.

Thank You card:
STAMPS: Scrolling Script
INK: Fresh Snow

PAPER: Smokey Shadow, Harvest Gold and Classic Kraft cardstock

DIES: Scrolling Script dies
OTHER: white embossing powder.

-------

Thank you very much for swinging by today! Visit a few others to see more sneak peeks: Nichole Heady, Melissa Phillips and Ashley Cannon-Newell.



32 comments:

Pam Young said...

OMG I love, love, love your cards!!!!! The color combination is so cheerful and it gives me so much courage to try. Thanks!

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards, Danielle! You did a terrific job showcasing this set!

richardbreaks said...

Beautiful cards, Danielle!! Love the "new vintage" feel of the first one!

Jodi_E said...

Yep I thought that mat stack was a must have when I was on Nicole page now......... No doubt about it. So cleaver to cut it apart and change it up. Love card one

Nancy Penir said...

Great examples! Planning on trying your suggestion with a picture.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

These are awesome, Dani! I love this new set. :)

BeverlyBL said...

Great job. Love them all. Think I need that Mat Stack #7.

Cindy O said...

Love how you used the new Mat Stack shapes! Beautiful projects.

angela said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial . Wish everybody would ddo that (hint hint) Love the way you cut the shape in half to use in a different way than it was ment to be used .

Larissa Heskett said...

OhhhhhAhhhhhh~LOVING your Awesome Cards for today!! ;) Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH STATEMENT with this ONE LITTLE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOOVE ALL of your cards!!!!!!!!!!:)From SWEET to SOPHISTACATED!!!!!!:)

Alice Golden said...

Beautiful! Didn't think I wanted this one until I saw your cards. :)

Sharon said...

What a versatile and fun set this will be!

gardener said...

Especially Love the skinny frames. Great idea about cutting pictures with the hexagon dies. Would coordinate so well with the happy hexagon stamp set I have for a layout....or card. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. Now the die is a must have!

Anonymous said...

These cards are too beautiful! I would love to own these dies and stamps.

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous - absolutely LOVE the "Mr and Mrs" design :)

Unknown said...

These cards are lovely! The script gives such an elegant flair.

LucianaW said...

Beautiful...I love your job!

Michelle Woerner said...

These cards rock Danielle!!!

thejoyinlisa said...

Love your use of the new mat stack shape! Thanks so much for illustrating your 'skinny frame' technique. It's a keeper!

Susan Gosman said...

Very clever! Thanks for sharing new techniques with us.

Anonymous said...

Super CUTe ideas..you are SO Creative! :)

Grace said...

Beautiful.Thank you for the technique showing how to make smaller frames. The colours on the cards are beautiful.

Pat Gasko said...

Fabulous cards and great usage of that Mat Stack 7.

Unknown said...

What I super love about the dies...they are frames instead of solid!! Easy placement here I come:) Love, love your cards, Danielle. You make elaborate cards look so easy...well sorta!:)

Tonya said...

Beautiful cards Dani! Love your color schemes!

Deirdre said...

That first card is my absolute favourite, just love it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jill Norwood said...

Love your post Danielle! :)

Holly Saveur said...

STUNNING cards..LOVe them all..so many great ideas and color combo's!

Cris said...

The cards are beautiful!! Thank you for the tutorial.

Cindy Groh said...

Love the little hexagon shape with a notch. Fun to see classic shapes take on a whole new life.