Saturday, January 14, 2012

Simply Jane...

The Papertrey Ink team has another group blog post for you today! We are featuring a new set of dies and stamps called Simply Jane. These will be available on the 15th.

I chose to work with the "love" quote in this stamp set. You could certainly make a card with it, but I decided to try something different and turn it into a little message journal.
Most of us are so busy these days, so I thought of a little journal that you could leave on the table to jot notes in to each other. Who doesn't appreciate a little love note once in awhile?

I started out by making a card with kraft cardstock and stamping the flowers in the background with Fresh Snow ink.  After the white flowers were dry, I stamped the sentiment over the top.

Then I die cut the frame and people with 2 of the dies from this set (there are more dies that come with the set, however I didn't use them on my journal).

I stamped the frame and brushed Chamomile ink over the top to distress it a bit. The center is backed with some My Mind's Eye houndstooth paper. I punched a little notch to hold the twine with a circle punch.

On the inside, I stitched in a felt page, which you could use to pin a little note.
I also added some papers from the Pacific Vineyard paper collection. They are loose inside. I was going to stitch them in, but I thought if I kept them loose, I could always add more papers in later when these are gone.

On the top of the frame I added a little leafy stamp.

Love You Message Center:
Stamps: Simply Jane
Ink: Fresh Snow, True Black, Chamomile
Paper: Kraft cardstock, creme, Canyon Clay by PTI, Text Style Pacific Vineyard by PTI, houndstooth by My Mind's Eye
Dies: Simply Jane
Other: Rustic Twine, heart punch, kraft button, circle punch, kraft felt.
----------------

Please visit the other team members to see what they've done with Simply Jane!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a great idea! My husband and I do write notes to each other pretty often so this love you journal is perfect. I love this stamp set!

Cheryl said...

I absolutely ADORE this little project. I think it will take a long time this year for something else to replace this one at the top of my faves list :-). Not only what you've done, but also the sentiment behind it. ADORE! x

Unknown said...

I love how you crafted a project that means something from a sentiment. Again, your creativity is amazing.

rush said...

nice project. thank you for sharing.

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

fabulous as usual!

BeverlyBL said...

This is just so cute. Who doesn't love a nice little journal. Thank you.

cathi said...

It looks sooooo beautiful!

Dri Noleto said...

Simply wonderful!!Love your work!It's always so inspiring and creative!
Thank you for sharing so many beautiful things!

Melissa said...

Cutest thing ever Danielle! I just love this sweet idea.
Melis

Diana Waite said...

wow--this is just lovely!

Michelle Price said...

So beautiful!

suzie said...

What a great idea for a Love journal. The color selection are perfect! Thanks for sharing your fun idea.

suzie said...

What a great idea for a Love journal. The color selection are perfect! Thanks for sharing your fun idea.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

wow, this is so fabulous

Holly Saveur said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO Gorgeous!

jintyoo7 said...

Ooooh, what a lovely idea1 The dogs-tooth background image works so well with "Simply Jane" :O)

Rose Curtis said...

really pretty, I love the journal you created, the colors are gorgeous together too!

xoxo... t said...

Dani, this is beautiful!

Elisa said...

how cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabby said...

Wonderful message book! I like your how you used the stamps and dies, the paper and your overall design. Very nice project! :)

Kari D said...

Love this, Danielle! What a great idea! I think the felt page is perfect to pin things to. Could see a couple of little pockets to tuck things in as well. MUST.MAKE.THIS.

scrapfancy said...

A awesome book and love the loose papers. Great job.

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥

TenSGal said...

So pretty...what a lovely and strikingly different set of dies and stamps. This is going on my wish list!

Scrapcollectr said...

Oh my, how sweet is that Jane Austen die? Wow, great job with the journal! *smile*

maria f. said...

I love the idea behind your little book. And the layout/color combo/print mix is great. Love it.

Creative Photo Albums said...

The pin used for the little note is such a great idea. I love the idea behind the cover. The cover itself is not to be argued that it looks awesome. But most paper craft hobbyists only highlights the cover not the design behind it. I'm making a card like this before Feb 14. Thanks!

Annabella Merlin

Angie Lucas said...

Danielle, be still my heart! Love the quote, love the card, love the die-cuts.