Thursday, December 9, 2010

dreaming of a white Christmas...

We don't have snow-covered ground yet, but it is coming our way in a couple of days! Just in time for the holiday.

For the Glue Arts blog this week, our job was to make an ornament with Making Memories paper and die cuts that they kindly donated to us. Thank you MM!

I decided to make a little tree that you can hang as an ornament- but it also does double duty. The box underneath can hold a small gift or note for the recipient.

I used some of MM's gorgeous flocked paper, cut wide strips and scalloped the edges, then layered the pieces onto my tree starting at the bottom and working my way up. To adhere the paper, I used some small pins with pearls on the heads.

I added a few snowflakes with pearl pins as well. Then with the Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun, I hot glued some "snow" to the middle of the snowflakes.
The little gift box is an inexpensive wooden box from the craft store, which I covered with the papers and added a gift tag and snow inside. For full directions, see the Glue Arts blog today!
Stay warm out there!

7 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful!

Rebekah said...

I adore the winter-y feel of this!! I look out and see snow on the ground..I prefer your snow scene more!
I need to find some of those crafty boxes.. Love your idea!

Jennifer Beason said...

We don't have any snow here either - But that maybe because I'm in Florida! Your ornament is so pretty I wish we did have just a little snow! :)

Mandie said...

danielle, you make the most beautiful things!

Jocelyn said...

Oh, I love these Danielle...They would fit just perfectly in my snow themed decorations...

Now if I could just find the time to make them!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

Marie/Mison said...

Nice tree! And so fun because I posted pictures of my tree prodject almost the same time. Even though I´ve used JB papers mine isn´t half as cute as yours!

Jennifer said...

beautiful!! :)