Thursday, June 5, 2008

I (heart) stars!

I've created a couple more things with the June kit at Create My Keepsake, loving this kit so much, I'm sooo into stars lately! The color combo is really terrific! Here's a little teacher card...I added the saying by Melissa Frances and the red thread for stitching. Can't wait to give it to my daughter's teacher. She has really been wonderful this year and so understanding and patient with her. Such a warm person! It makes such a huge difference in your child's life when she has a great teacher!
*4 a Teacher With Class*
*Almost 3*
Created a transparent layout (I think it's my first one!) and had a lot of fun with this! Kati is turning 3 in a couple weeks and it makes me so sad, but happy at the same time. I miss her being little, but she's still so cuddly and loveable, yet getting so grown up and smart at the same time! I used a few things from the June Project Kit from CMK with the Pageframe clear tag behind my photo and added rub on swirls over the photo. I misted the chipboard 3 with the charcoal Glimmer Mist in the June layout kit and kept the felt stars in groups of 3 to keep with the theme of the layout. This is a photo of her playing on the swingset we have in our backyard.

I received my copy of the latest Paper Crafts Magazine called Crafting With Kids yesterday, and I just adore this issue! It's packed with super cute ideas, can't wait to try them with my kids this summer! Lord knows we will need lots of things to keep them occupied. Here is a little project I had in there, a piano practicing chart. I mounted chipboard music notes onto magnets so they can be moved around depending on how many minutes the child practices each day! I thought it would be a fun motivator. I played piano as a kid and would have loved one of these! The times are also on magnets, so you can change those out too if the child practices more as they get better. =)
*Piano Practicing Chart*

The back of the chart is just an old cookie sheet that I had lying around; I painted it black and punched holes in the sides with my trusty ole Crop-a-dile to tie the ribbon on for hanging. Love my Crop-a-dile. I also had 2 little keychains in this issue too using the Maya Road people keychain and a girly one with a little hat, dress, purse and shoe. These would be great to hang from your child's backpack with cell phone numbers of the family on each little chipboard piece! Check out the issue, you won't be disapointed! ~Danielle~

15 comments:

Amanda L. said...

Aren't stars fun? Love that card!!

Anonymous said...

WOW Dani!! I just adore your creations:)

Lori Renn said...

i'm so inspired by you! i'm shutting off the computer and creating right now! hee hee.

Kadee said...

Love that piano chart! It would make me want to practice :-)

Anonymous said...

Dani, that card and layout knocks my socks off! just stunning and so glad your dd had a good teacher...they DO have so much influence in your child's life.
And I LOVE that piano box! what a wonderful and creative idea! Love it!

Raechelle Bellus said...

I saw your gorgeous projects!!! Congrats!
Love what you did with the project kit, it's gorgeous... as is the card!
Rae

Staci Taylor said...

That mag sounds awesome, thanks for the heads up... will definitely get that one! Love your card (your daughter's teacher will be thrilled!) and LO! And that piano chart is such a great idea!

Lea L. said...

Super cute projects...love them all! That piano practice board is an adorable idea!

~Lea

Cindy Gilchrist said...

OMGosh - LOVE that piano chart!!!!

Molly said...

Your stuff always rocks! I love it, Dani! :D

Unknown said...

LOVE what you're doing with stars too ;)
Your piano practicing chart is ADORABLE, what a cute idea... can't wait to see that issue, I could definitely use some 'kid crafting' ideas since mine always want to papercraft with me!
Have a great day Dani!

Norma Kennedy said...

Katie is just Precious- Luv ur transparent layout- Beautiful as are all ur other projects !

Norma

Anonymous said...

Love it as usual Dani ! I miss you by the way ! And i also heart stars ! They are one of my favorite things to use, and in my house too i have the rustic country stars, so i heart them all around ! LOL ....
Have a wonderful weekend !
Jenn

mborrero said...

love your blog!

Leslie Ashe said...

oh my STARS Dani! GORGEOUS work girl. You have got to be MY biggest inspiration..hands DOWN. I LOVE all your stuff girl. ALL of it.